Signs That You Have A Slab Leak.
It is important for homeowners to know both what causes slab leaks and how to identify one.
What is a Slab Leak?
A slab leak is a leak that has developed in copper water lines running below the concrete foundation of your home.
Since slab leaks are often not clearly visible to homeowners, they tend to go undetected for long periods of time. Leaving a potential slab leak unattended can lead to much larger problems, such as mold damage.
What Causes a Slab Leak?
- Pre-Damage and Poor Installation
- Ground/Foundation Shifts
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
- Sudden spikes in your water bill
- A sound of running water when pipes aren’t in use
- Moisture or mildew under carpeting
- A moving water meter dial when pipes aren’t in use
- Standing water around the perimeter of your house
- Unusually low water pressure
- Cracks in your baseboard or walls
- Damp or warm floors
- Mold or mildew smell
If you have wet carpet, buckling wood floors or unexplained pools of water call us.