If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (310) 456-2135

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold at your business

2/2/2020 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Mold growth under the sinks is very common and it can get undetected for some time.

Mold isn't just in homes, it can be in commercial buildings as well. Small leaks under sinks and in crawl spaces can cause a lot of damage and over time that damage can be severe and double or triple in cost.  If the mold of any type is discovered in a workplace, it is a potential health risk to employees and should be removed as soon as possible. Health conditions are associated with mold exposure:

  • Allergies: Symptoms include sneezing; irritation of the nose, mouth or throat; nasal stuffiness and runny nose; and red, itchy or watery eyes. For employees who already have allergies, mold can trigger asthma-related symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing or coughing.
  • Hypersensitivity pneumonitis: HP is lung inflammation that occurs in people who develop immune system sensitization to inhaled organic dust. It can be mistaken for pneumonia, but cannot be treated with antibiotics. With continued exposure, persistent lung inflammation may cause permanent damage.
  • Asthma: With this lung disease, the airways develop inflammation in response to sensitizing or irritating exposure. Asthma sufferers may experience shortness of breath, coughing, chest tightness and wheezing.

If you have a fire, water, mold, or asbestos issue give SERVPRO Malibu/Topanga Canyon/ Pacific Palisades a call today at 310-456-2135.

Other News

View Recent Posts