Acting Fast: A Water Damage Timeline in Malibu CA
Water Damage Timeline
It's important to know why you need to act fast!
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
10% Off Fire and Water Damage Cleaning + Free Estimate
Fir & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
Brentwoos, Topanga Canyon, Malibu, and Pacific Palisades
10% Off + Free Estimate
Call us: (310) 456-2135
10% Off Fire and Water Damage Cleaning and Restoration
Fire and Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration in Brentwood, Topanga Canyon,and Pacific Palisades 10% OFF and Free Estimates.
Call Us At: 310-456-2135
Why You Should Contact Restoration Services In Brentwood
A few years ago, homes and personal items wrecked by water damage and floods were considered lost for good but with the introduction of restoration services and the recent advancements in technology, it is possible to have your home restored to its original condition in no time. Here’s why it is important to contact restoration services in Brentwood if your home gets damaged by flooding, fire, or any other natural disaster:
Why Should You Contact A Professional Restoration Service?
Mopping up and carrying around your damaged furniture is not as easy as you may think it is. Stagnant water can cause extensive damage to your furniture, personal belongings, walls and carpets, which is why you need the help of a professional with proper equipment who can handle your already damaged items without causing further damage.
Drying out your wet and damaged articles in the sun will not restore them back to their original form. Professional restoration services have proper equipment which they use for extracting water. In addition, water can damage electrical equipment so it is crucial that you do not tamper with wires yourself as it may lead to an accident.
Leave the Work to the Professionals
Restoring your house requires a series of complex processes which you would not be able to do on your own. This includes:
- Mold control
- Assessing loss of damage
- Moving furniture around
- Assess faulty wires
- Extraction of water
You may take necessary safety precautions but all in all it is probably a good idea that you let the professionals handle the work for you.
Benefits of Hiring Restoration Services in Pacific Palisades
Restoration Services in Pacific Palisades
If your house has suffered from extensive water damage, you probably have a lot to worry about. Floods can cause extensive damage to your home, not to mention your personal belongings, carpets, walls and furniture. It is quite devastating when your house has been damaged by a flood as there are a lot of processes you will now have to take in to account to restore your home back to its proper form. It includes repairing items, assessing the damage, moving around damaged pieces of furniture, draining excess water from your room and drying out all your wet items.
It is essential that you make sure the cleanup and repair process starts in a manner in which further damage can be avoided. Normally in such circumstances you are confused and do not know how to take care of the mess. In this case, it is ideal that you hire a professional restoration service immediately.
Some benefits of hiring professional restoration services in Pacific Palisades include:
- Wet carpet removal and restoration
- Complete disinfection, decontamination and sanitization
- Water and sewage extraction and clean up
- Structural Drying
- Insurance Facilitation
- Disaster Recovery
- Mold detection, removal and prevention
- Air quality improvement
- Water extraction
It is nearly impossible for you to carry out all these processes out on your own, that too in a safe manner. To avoid further damage, hire a professional restoration service that can help restore your home back to its proper state immediately.