Fires happens; here are some helpful tips to know
Small flames can turn into major fires in less than 30 seconds. Black smoke only takes minutes to fill your house and overwhelm in flames.
- Fire is extremely hot – In fact the heat from a fire is more threatening than the flames. Temperature in a room from a fire can reach 100 degrees at lower leveled but higher levels can reach up to 600 degrees. So in case you find yourself in a fire, stay low.
- Gases and toxins is the leading cause of death in fires. They harm more people than actually flames and burns.
- How important are fire alarms?
- VERY! Having fire alarms increases chances of surviving a deadly home fire
- Keep track of your fire alarm maintenance, make sure the batteries work, make sure to have smoke alarms in all the common areas of the house
- Even in the kitchen, the kitchen is the most common room most fire start, be sure you have a plan in place if a fire were to start.
- If your clothes catch on fire?
- Stop immediately if your clothes catch on fire. Drop to the ground and roll but be sure to cover your face with your hands. However you can also grab a blanket or towel to help put the fire out.
- If you have any burns use cold water to treat them and cover with dry cloth and seek medical care.
SERVPRO Malibu/Topanga Canyon/Pacific Palisades/Brentwood is trained in fire restoration and available 24/7 for all fire needs.