Commercial flood damage, What to do?
Commercial Flood Damage Can Cause Business Interruption and Expense. SERVPRO Helps Malibu Companies Recover Quickly after Flood Events.
Why is drying difficult in commercial premises?
When a large-scale water event affects your Malibu Business, it can be frustrating waiting to return to work. Flood losses to company premises can sometimes be more challenging than residential flooding, but they do not have to take longer. The main difficulty in dealing with water intrusion in larger spaces is an inability to effectively control the indoor atmosphere. Many types of the dehumidifier are designed for smaller, residential spaces. SERVPRO technicians have access to more extensive commercial desiccant units that can be placed outside the premises and ducted into the affected area.
When are desiccant dehumidifiers used for property drying?
• Desiccant equipment performs better in cold and dry conditions than refrigerant dehumidifiers.
• They are capable of producing the driest air of any dehumidifier.
• Commercial dehumidifiers can be fitted with ductwork to ensure doorways remain secure.
How are industrial dehumidifiers set up in a business property?
Usually, a technician dealing with commercial flood damage in your Malibu premises performs extraction and air-movement as a priority. Dehumidifiers are used to reduce the humidity and complete the drying process. Often a large dehumidifier is ducted from the outside of the building with smaller portable units placed in wet areas inside. A flood can impact all areas of your business, which is why SERVPRO uses multiple resources to ensure it dries quickly, and you can resume work as soon as possible.
How do commercial desiccant dehumidifiers work?
• Air passes over absorbent materials like silica gel to extract moisture.
• Heaters evaporate collected moisture, which is then vented outside the premises.
• The low level of humidity afforded by desiccants makes them ideal for drying large surface areas of concrete or other framing materials.
If your property suffers from a flood event, drying it quickly could save you further expense. Contact SERVPRO of Malibu at (310) 456-2135