If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (310) 456-2135

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Do you have a working fire extinguisher ready at your home?

5/1/2023 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Never leave a candle unattended: Always extinguish candles when you leave the room or go to bed.

Candles are a common household item used for their decorative and mood-setting properties. However, candles can also be a fire hazard if not used properly.

Causes of Fires Caused by Candles

Fires caused by candles are usually the result of one of the following factors:

  1. Unattended candles: Leaving candles unattended is one of the most common causes of candle-related fires. It only takes a few seconds for a candle to ignite nearby objects and cause a fire.

  2. Placement of candles: Placing candles near flammable objects such as curtains, paper, or furniture can lead to a fire.

  3. Lack of candle maintenance: Failing to trim the wick or remove debris from the candle's surface can cause the candle to burn too hot, increasing the risk of a fire.

Preventing Fires Caused by Candles

Preventing fires caused by candles is crucial for ensuring the safety of your home and family. Here are some steps you can take:

  1. Never leave a candle unattended: Always extinguish candles when you leave the room or go to bed.

  2. Keep candles away from flammable objects: Place candles on stable surfaces, away from curtains, paper, or furniture.

  3. Trim wicks and keep candles clean: Trim wicks to 1/4 inch and remove debris from the surface of the candle to prevent it from burning too hot.

  4. Use candle alternatives: Consider using flameless candles or other alternatives, such as battery-operated candles or diffusers, to create the same ambiance without the risk of fire.

    It's essential to be aware of the causes and signs of fires caused by candles and take steps to prevent them from happening. By following the tips above and using candles responsibly, you can enjoy their ambiance safely and avoid the risk of a candle-related fire.

    SERVPRO  Malibu is here to help 310-456-2135.


Other News

View Recent Posts